10 Things I am Grateful for This Thanksgiving
- November 26, 2013
Let’s just acknowledge right up front that I am extremely thankful for having the luck and fortuity of having a wonderful family, great friends, smart and fun colleagues, and engaging clients. Perhaps that should be enough for me, but there are some other things in life for which I am also thankful. Here are 10 that come to mind:
10. Dark roasted coffee that thankfully helps me become human every morning.
9. My iPad that I was sure I did not want or need, but that now I take with me everywhere.
8. “The Sopranos” which I plan to watch…again, from the start.
7. The cancellation of my 1pm meeting, without which I would not have had the time to write this (and besides, there is no greater gift than time).
6. The ability to watch Netflix movies while on my elliptical machine, because without Netflix, I would never be on my elliptical machine.
5. The movie Diner, that for some reason has become one of my favorite movies of all time. (“If you don’t have good dreams, Bagel, you got nightmares.”)
4. Ben Franklin who was about the most awesome founding father we could ask for.
3. Amazon.com which has permanently and demonstrably changed how I buy stuff.
2. Italy which has been my home away from home since I was 19 years old.
1. Bacon – need I say more?